Wednesday, 19 June 2013

This is my first blog. It covers the creative process for building Josapea a 32" Lyle Hess Cutter.  I have never built a boat before, I have repaired a few, and most advise to start small and see how it goes. But I don't want a small boat, so I am not motivated to build one. I want a big boat, that I can sail with family or by myself from Europe back to my home in Diamond Harbour, New Zealand.

My mentors(idols(?)) who have written many good books on how to do this, including the construction of a similar boat by Lyle Hess, started in the US and also ended up living in New Zealand, so seems like these boats are natural southerly drifters!

It started with the idea,

Then came the book,

Next the workshop,

And then the wood,

Now looking for a place to build here in Dresden

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment